Challenges to the above problems include Extremely confined spaces, Lack of flexibility In designing due to customers requirements.
The ambient temperature Surrounding the engine was originally 160 degrees. upon successfully giving a modified design of impeller, the volume of cooling air increased by nearly 25% and engine temperature dropped from 160 degrees to 120 degree. Modified centrifugal impeller runs at 14000 RPM driven by belts.
- Thermal analysis using finite element analysis FEA and design of heat exchangers
- design of experimental setup
- design of centrifugal fans
- flow analysis using CFD software cfx
- manufacturing capability of test setup
STEAM CATAPULT FOR AIRCRAFT CARRIERS
the connecting member between the steam catapult and fighter aircraft is a critical member which bears the entire Load of the Fighter Aircraft. Any mistakes in design could land the fighter aircraft in a major accident.
With our unique expertise in finite element methods, we have successfully designed the connecting member for one of our customers in the defence sector.